Nomad Press, a leading publisher of educational books for children ages 7 to 15, is looking for a knowledgeable, self-motivated marketing assistant to join our team. Books from Nomad Press are used in classrooms, libraries, homes, museums, camps, after-school programs, and homeschools around the globe and feature a diverse range of topics, including science, technology, social studies, language arts, and history. Learn more about our books at nomadpress.net.
The right candidate will participate in all aspects of book marketing to create and implement book publicity and promotional campaigns.
Responsibilities might include:
• Providing general office management and support
• Following up with press/publicity contacts
• Researching endorsers for upcoming titles
• Soliciting endorsements for upcoming titles
• Engaging with social media outlets
• Supporting Nomad Press staff in galley and promotional mailings
• Researching new markets for books and book publicity
• Writing and creating press materials for a variety of promotional markets
The ideal candidate should have a demonstrated excellence in written and communication skills, attention to detail, and an overall interest in the book industry. Strong computer skills, with proficiency in word and excel required.
This is a part-time position, 15-20 hours per week, in our office in White River Junction, Vermont.
Please send resume and cover letter to Rachel Benoit, Marketing Director, Rachel@nomadpress.net